The game of fastpitch softball cannot be played without the right equipment. Getting the best fastpitch softball gloves 2017 is one of the primary concerns of many fastpitch players.
We have compiled this guide in order to help you out in choosing the best of the best. We begin with reviewing the top 5 best fastpitch softball gloves with their pros and cons, we then move on to providing you people with the appropriate glove sizing and rules.
|Easton RVFP1250 Fastpitch Softball Glove (12.5-Inch)||1 Reviews||$89.99||Check on Amazon|
|Wilson A2000 Ss 12.75" Fastpitch Softball Glove Wta20lf151275ss Dual Post||3 Reviews||$249.95||Check on Amazon|
|Worth Liberty Advanced Softball Glove||3 Reviews||from $104.99||Check on Amazon|
|Nokona X2 Fastpitch Glove with 12.5-Inch Pattern, for Left Handed Throwers||4 Reviews||$349.95||Check on Amazon|
|Mizuno GCF1250F1 Classic Fastpitch Gloves||5 Reviews||from $159.95||Check on Amazon|
Best Fastpitch Softball Gloves 2017 With Review
Given below are the reviews of the top fastpitch softball gloves produced by some of the top brands in the market.
Since its inception in 1934, Nokona takes pride in producing premium quality handcrafted gloves. Their gloves are made in America and are available for baseball, fastpitch and slowpitch softball.
X2 Buckaroo is Nokona’s state of the art series. It is manufactured using top quality Stampede™ Steerhide and Kangaroo leathers. The company claims that their X2 Buckaroo series requires minimal break-in.
X2 V1250 has a 12.5 inches closed web design with a closed back and shearling cuff. It is available for both right hand and left hand players.
The good thing about this bat is that it is one of the factory ready versions that do not require heavy break-in. It comes with chocolate lacing and has a weight of around 720grams. This is a medium weight glove.
Nokona X2 Buckaroo is sold and it comes with warranty. But you need to be cautious as to not heat or steam or microwave your glove in any way as this will void the warranty.
Pros – Easy to Handle, Worth the Price, Durable
- X2 BUCKAROO: Nokona's elite performance, ready-for-play, position-specific series, designed with specific fastpitch patterns. This glove is perfect for positions all over the field including second, third, short stop, the outfield and pitcher. Built for elite fastpitch players who are looking for the perfect combination of top quality and highest performance.
- MINIMAL BREAK IN NEEDED: The X2 Buckaroo is made with Nokona's proprietary top-grain Stampede Steerhide and Kangaroo leathers, so that minimal break-in is needed, but the glove has great structure and maintains its shape. It gives you all the performance of the glove you want so you can get on the field with your favorite glove in no time.
- LONG LASTING COMFORT AND WEAR: This glove is sure to become an instant favorite between its quality and performance. But you'll also love wearing it. The leather is designed to fit your hand comfortably during your games and practices. Because you'll love it so much, it's built to last you throughout the seasons.
- AMERICAN BALLGLOVES: Nokona is focused on the future, applying many of the same principles that have guided our past - quality, craftsmanship, innovation, integrity, and a commitment to our employees, suppliers, customers, and our country. We continue to put classic American workmanship into every glove, using techniques developed over the past 80+ years.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) Nokona X2 Buckaroo X2-V1250 Fastpitch Closed Web Baseball Glove, For Left Handed Throwers. 12.50" pattern. Closed Web. Closed Back. Stampede and Kangaroo Leather. Shearling Cuff. Weight ~720g. Made in the USA.
Formed in 1913, Wilson Sporting Goods Company produces some of the world’s best sports equipment. Their fastpitch softball gloves are amongst the favorites.
A2000 is an out-field model with dual post web and dual welting which gives durability to the glove. The 2015 version of the glove has a comfort Velcro wrist closure which keeps your hand comfortable and offers a secure fit.
DriLex in the glove removes moisture and the D-Fusion Pad creates No Sting Catch Zone which gives great feel and prevents sting once you are in the catching zone.
It is made up of Pro Stock Leather and a SuperSkin that is light in weight, is durable and breaks-in in no time. It has a size of 12.75 inches that is considered the longest in the family of recommended gloves.
You can purchase A2000 for both right and left hands.
Pros – An overall great quality glove
- Wilson A2000 Fastpitch Series 12.75" Softball Glove
Worth sports specializes in producing high quality sports equipment. This glove from Liberty Advance Series has a 13 inches pattern with a deep pocket and x shaped modified six finger web design.
The material used for making this glove is USA tanned shell leather and Pro-grade lace which help in reducing the break-in time and increasing its durability.
For greater comfort and protection against sting, Poron XRD palm and Index finger pads with Custom-fitted pull straps are utilized. It can be used by both left and right hand players.
Pros – Require minimal break-in time, excellent quality
- 13 inch softball pattern
- Double-tanned shell leather and USA-tanned pro lace provide unmatched durability
- Full-grain cushioned finger back linings for added comfort
- Custom-fitted pull straps for easy hand adjustments
- Poron XRD palm and index finger pads significantly reduce ball impact for greater protection
Mizuno is a Japanese sporting goods manufacturer that has gained popularity around the world. GCF1250F1 is Mizuno’s Classic Series Fastpitch glove that is specifically manufactured for female athletes.
It has a 12.5 inches pattern pocket2 construction and a conventional open back deep 8T web design. As the glove is made for female players, it comes with Smaller Hand Opening and Tighter Finger Stalls.
To ease the break-in process Pre-Curved Thumb and Pinky Finger Stalls are added to the glove. For better support and stability Roll Welting is used.
Throwback Leather is used for manufacturing the glove which is soft and long-lasting. Ultra-Soft Pro Palm Liner offers extra comfort and greater protection.
It is available for both left and right hand orientation.
Pros – Great Design, Durable, Fits perfectly
- 12.5 Inch Women's Model
- Deep 8T Web
- Open Back
- Throwback Leather
- Ultra Soft Palm Liner
Since 1922, Easton has produced a large variety of baseball and softball equipment. Their products are known for their innovative and unique features.
1250 is Easton’s Rival Series Fastpitch Softball Glove that is packed with amazing features. This glove has a basket web design with a 12.5 inches pattern.
It is manufactured using USA steer hide leather – one of the finest quality leathers in USA. It features Super Soft Oasis cowhide and Bio-Dri Moisture Control Wrist lining that combine together to give a comfortable, durable and moisture-free fit.
RVFP1250 has Easton’s Custom Pro Fit System with back-of-hand straps that assist in getting the perfect fit. It has a narrower Wrist Opening and Finger Stalls which are just what the female players are looking for.
Another good feature on this glove is that it consists of a Double Deep Pocket that works great while you are trying to catch an 11 or 12 inches softball.
It has a right hand orientation and a black-brown color.
Pros – High Quality, Customizable, Easy to Break-in
- USA STEER HIDE: USA steer hide is some of the strongest leather in the world
- CUSTOM PRO FIT SYSTEM: A patent-pending customizable back of hand fit system. Back of hand strap that is adjustable allowing multiple fit range and easily replaceable to personalize with name or number
- OASIS LINING: Super soft cowhide lining provides durable comfort. BIO-DRI: A moisture management fabric used to line the back of hand strap. Bio-Dri wicks away moisture keeping your glove dry and light
- DOUBLE DEEP POCKET: The palm leather pattern is enlarged with an additional segment between the index and middle finger creating a larger pocket for a softball
- FEMALE SPECIFIC: Fastpitch patterns designed specifically for the female player: smaller hand openings, narrow finger stalls, and wider webs to better fit an 11" or 12" ball
Fastpitch softball glove rules
There are certain rules and regulations provided by the responsible organizations that the layers must abide by. If any player is found violating these rules, they might even get disqualified. So you need to be extra-cautious about following these rules.
USSA Rules for Fastpitch softball gloves
United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) provides under its Rule 2 Section 9 that all the fielders are required to wear gloves or mitts. These should be made of leather.
No standard size is set for the gloves but the maximum height of 14 inches, width of 8 inches and webbing of 5 ¾ inches is specified.
The glove including its logo and lacing can be of any color other than that of the game ball or optic. Any circle on the glove that resembles a ball or is distracting for the Umpire makes the glove illegal. Logo on the glove isn’t considered a part of its actual color.
Interestingly, the rules provided by USSSA as of 2013 do not talk about the glove coating. Whether or not any tacky or sticky coating on the glove deems it illegal isn’t addressed by the association.
ASA Rules for Fastpitch Softball Gloves
Amateur Softball Association (ASA) stipulates under its Rule 3 Section 4 that gloves can be worn by any player but mitts are specific to catcher and first baseman only.
A complete list of dimensions is provided in the rule book. These requirements must be fulfilled by each player. As far as the coloring of the glove is concerned it is stated that the pitcher’s glove can be multi-colored or of any solid color other than white, grey or yellow optic or the color of the ball. The logo on the glove is considered a part of the glove.
Finally, just like USSSA, no information regarding the use of tacky or adhesive material is provided in the rule book.
NFHS Rules for Fastpitch Softball Gloves
National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) postulates under its Rule 1 Section 4 that glove of any size can be worn by players. Their maximum dimensions are similar to that provided by USSSA.
It also states that “a maximum of two colors excluding lacing and manufacturer’s logo colors. Lacing shall not be the color of the ball.”
The gloves must not be changed using a tacky or sticky material. Finally, any illegal glove should be replaced immediately.
Now that you know the rules provided by the respective associations, we advise you to don’t take them lightly as this may lead to serious consequences.
Fastpitch softball gloves sizing
Fastpitch softball gloves are available in different sizes depending upon the position that you are playing on. So in a game of fastpitch softball you can be a middle infielder, or a pitcher, or an outfielder, or standing at the first base or the third base or you are a catcher.
If for instance you are playing as a first baseman for your team then we recommend you to buy a mitt or a regular glove with size ranging from 12.5 to 13 inches.
As an outfielder, you would want to go for a larger size glove that is 13 inches in size. Whereas pitchers on the other hand prefer gloves with sizes ranging from 11.75 to 12.5 inches.
In order to buy the right fastpitch softball glove for you, you need to first decide at which position you wish to play. This way you can use our guidelines so as to get the right size.
You should remember that the fastpitch softball glove that you buy for yourself or your child should fit in perfectly and should have the right length as well. This can help you in getting the great feel and confidence for your game.
Pro tip – if you are looking for the best fastpitch softball gloves for your kids with ages 10 and below, then you should choose from 11.5 inches to 9 inches glove sizes. Let your kid wear the glove and find out which fits him or her perfectly.
Now that you know the 5 best fastpitch softball gloves 2017, the rules and regulations regarding these gloves and their sizing, we hope that you will be able to get the perfect one for yourself!